Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011: The Year I Write/Sell/Pimp A Book


2011 is here, and with all of the celebration and the hoopla out of the way it's time to get back to business.  Serious business.  The business of literature, particularly reading and writing it.  You see, I have until February 28th to finish a publishable first draft of "The Collegiate", my National Novel Writing Month winning novel.  (Otherwise my free proof copy from CreateSpace expires and I'll have to pay for it myself.)  This leaves me with about 2 months to revise/fill in story gaps/nurture the individual story arc as well as world build for the overall story arc.

If it were up to me, I'd probably stop reading altogether for the next two months and just hardcore focus on the book.  But it's not up to me, because I almost always have that inner drive to read something new during the course of reading whatever book I'm currently on.  So you'll still be getting review fixes, but be warned that some writing posts will be thrown up as well.  (Also, I'll be writing about owning an E-Reader from time to time, seeing as I received a Nook from this past holiday season.)

In the meantime, expect a review soon on a book I normally probably wouldn't read (damn my newfound fandom for John Green), some E-Reader Chronicles, and posts on how NaNoWriMo consumes a soul long after that Nov. 30 deadline.  Happy New Year all!

(One last note, that graphic isn't mine.  That belongs to Ms. Debbie Ohi.  Her works can be found here, and throughout the Webs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment